Since our formation in 2004 we continue to provide a welcoming environment for everyone looking to play rugby in the Netherlands.
We are committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment into which players of all levels of experience feel comfortable.
Our goal is for everyone to enjoy rugby in a prejudice free environment, and we are proud of our supportive, diverse and social team and to call one of the oldest rugby clubs in the Netherlands in Amstelveen our home.
We currently have approximately 100 members with a men’s and women’s team. We consider rugby to be for all and welcome everyone to our club.
- In 2003 we started with the first practice sessions in the woods of Amsterdam.
- In 2008 we joined the Amstelveense Rugby Club and participated for the first time in the Bingham Cup, the world’s biggest LGBTQ+ rugby tournament.
- In 2011 we had the honor to host the European version, the Union Cup in Amsterdam and Amstelveen.
- In 2012 we scored our first Bingham Cup try in Manchester.
- In 2014 we won our first Bingham Cup matches in Sydney and were honored with the Ben Cohen StandUp Award for excellent sportsmanship in rugby
- In 2018 we hosted the Bingham Cup Amsterdam 2018 with more than 64 men and women teams, the biggest edition in the history of tournament.
- This was also the first time the tournament was organized on continental Europe and had a women’s tournament. We are currently qualified in the top tier of LGBT rugby worldwide.
- In 2020 we initiated our women’s team the Lowlander Ladies and the Lowlander Men’s starts playing in the national social competiton